I owe you pictures of the finished Arrowhead Camisole. I love how it turned out!
I made some modifications to the fit, making it fitted rather then A-line (*see update below).
(Did I mention how much I love the i-cord trim? I did? Never mind then. But I really do!) I also added eyelets on the sides, adjusted the length, and altered the bottom trim by knitting only three rows rather than six.
Overall a quick and very satisfying knit - I can see myself wearing it a lot this summer: it is very versatile and will go well both with white shorts and long maxi skirt for a little dressier look. I like that the lace ends high enough that it can be worn without a cami underneath. You can see the original pictures from Interweave here to compare.
Yarn: Jo Sharp Soho Summer DK 100% Cotton; 109 yds = 50g; a little over 4 balls (around 500 yds total, but you will need more for A-line); the yarn has a nice sheen, but is a little splitty (it also seems to be discontinued so I won't be buying it again anyways ;)
Needles: US 7 (4.5 mm) for the body and 4 (3.5 mm) for the i-cord
Time: a little less than two weeks
*Update: I had questions about my modification so here are some details:
Knit as per pattern from the top down to the underarms. Once you have back and front on the same needle, find 6 stitches centered on the sides (last three of the front and first three of the back) and separate them with markers. Do this on both sides. Between the markers, knit as follows: round 1 - yo, ssk, k2, k2tog, yo; round 2 - k all stitches - this will create the eyelets on the sides and will work regardless of your size or gauge.
For the shaping, I did k2tog the last two stitches before the first side marker AND ssk the first two stitches after the second stitch marker - two stitches decreased on each side for a total of 4 decreases in the round. Repeat every 10 rounds 4 times for a total of 16 stitches decreased when you reach your waist. Check your gauge, see how many inches you are loosing in 16 stitches and adjust if necessary. After the last decrease, I knit 8 rounds, then started increases by M1 one stitch before the first and one stitch after the second side markers every 8th round 4 times (total 16 st increased). Hope this helps. Good luck!