Over the past week or so I went from this:
Definitely an improvement. And I learned some, too, so I would probably approach it differently next time, but I believe that perfect is the enemy of the good, so instead of seeking perfection, I'm declaring it done. Plus I can always seek perfection in the next one :)
What I do like is the drape (switching to larger needles helped), the length, the flexible edges. What I don't is that somehow it curves in the opposite direction than expected (it is more of a dome than a bowl), but I tried to compensate for it with light blocking. I say *light* because I didn't seriously block it with pins and maximum stretch yet. See, I like to see what the knits look like *straight out of the shower* (you know, to see if I can get away without blocking). In this case, I will definitely go back and stretch/block the heck out of it - hopefully that will eliminate some of my reservations, and add a inch or two to the width. For now, I like it!